Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pushing a Rope

There is this saying that I heard once that stuck with me. The saying is, "You can't push a rope!" I often think of this saying when I consider Nabard students and their progression. No matter how badly we may want for each student to succeed and grow, it ultimately comes down to their inner desire. Within this context, the student is the rope, and we can not push them. It just does not work. The only thing we can do is to keep offering support and guidance. Students should question themselves periodically and determine if they are working successfully and progressing, or if others have been trying to "push their rope".

1 comment:

  1. Could you give a concrete example, hypothetical or real, of someone trying to "push another's rope?"

    By the way, sorry about missing log class this morning. I did some pretty intense training on Friday late in the afternoon and I was so sore I could barely get out of bed or raise my arms above my head.

    ReplyDelete