Saturday, May 1, 2010

Unique Class Today

Well, it has been a long time since my last post. I have been busy once again and working a lot of hours. Time was a commodity that I did not have... I will try to post more as we move forward again.

Now to my topic.

Class today was interesting to say the least. We were well into the class when a group of military men walked in. We quickly set them up and explained a few basic moves and the proper way to hold the logs. Seeing how fit they were, I was a little nervous about my ability to give them a full workout like we do our other practitioners.

They progressed well through the class, but it didn't take long for them to see the benefits of Log Training. There were constant comments on how well the exercises were working and how much they could feel what we were doing. There were also grunts and hard breathing, as well as the ubiquitous dropping of feet when doing our horizontal and vertical extensions.

In the end, they were commenting on the effects and their liking of Log Training, and I was pleased that we were able to give them a complete and worthwhile exercise. I think the quality and intensity of the class surprised them and speaks to the quality of what we have begun with Log Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment